The National Universities Commission released a list of illegal degree awarding institutions operating in Nigeria. The list of these illegal universities in Nigeria was made available to the public in a NUC’s weekly bulletin.
In the bulletin, the NUC warns that Certificates obtained from these illegal universities and colleges will not be recognized for the purpose of NYSC, employment and further studies.”
Below is a list of illegal universities in Nigeria by NUC this 2019
1. University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
2. Christians of Charity American University of Science and Technology Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its campuses.
3. University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses.
4. University of applied Sciences and Management Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.
5. Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its campuses.
6. Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.
7. Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses.
8. Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi State or any of its other campuses.
9. Sunday Adokpela University, Otada Adoka, Otukpo, Benue State or any of its other campuses.
10. United Christian University, Macotis Campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses.