There is crisis with the maternal healthcare system in Nigeria. According to a report by UNICEF, Nigeria is rated as one of the most dangerous place on earth to give birth accounting for over 14% of the world’s maternal mortality deaths (the highest in both west and central Africa) ahead of countries like Sierra Lone, Central Africa Republic and Chad.
Nigeria has the highest rate of maternal morbidity and mortality i.e death and injuries during pregnancy or childbirth. One of the many reasons is inability to access affordable , low cost quality health services and this is where outreach to women and children hospital, safe motherhood plan comes in.
This plan provides:
- Early pre-conceptual care for intending mothers
- Affordable N50,000 for normal delivery
- Antenatal care, drugs and test
- Strong patient partnership
- Patient empowerment Education
- Trained midwife at every delivery
- Health practitioner trained in neonatal resuscitationat every delivery.
- Obstetric lead specialist care
- Post natal visit at 6 weeks after birth
- Family planning service
- Breastfeeding service
- Neonatal resuscitation if required by trained personnel
There is also available neonatal services which include
- Essential new born care package
- Advance neonatal center for sick babies
- 3 days baby check up to rule out conditions like Jaundice.
For enquiries, contact 08035187189 now. Outreach Specialist branch in Satellite Town is located at; 23. Community Road, Beside First Bank, Abule Ado. Satellite Town, Lagos, Nigeria.