Media Personality, Toke Makinwa is $20,000 (N7.2m) richer after she placed a bet on France to win the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Taking to her Instagram story, Toke celebrated her win, revealed she just copped $20,000. Her close friend and fellow media personality, Gbemi also confirmed it.
Meanwhile, After France’s win, England striker Harry Kane won the Golden Boot at the 2018 World Cup after finishing the tournament with the highest number of goals.
The Tottenham Hotspur talisman scored six times in Russia, two ahead of a five-man chasing pack come the end of Sunday’s final between France and Croatia.
Les Bleus duo Antoine Griezmann and Kylian Mbappe struck in their country’s 4-2 win over the Vatreni, which put both players on four goals apiece.
Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Russia winger Denis Cheryshev also scored four times, leaving Kane top of the pile come the tournament’s conclusion.
Three of Kane’s strikes came in the 6-1 win over Panama, two were scored in the 2-1 defeat of Tunisia, and the sole goal outside of the Group G games was a penalty against Colombia.
FIFA Young Player Award: Kylian Mbappe.
Golden Ball Award: Luka Modric.
Golden Boot Award: Harry Kane.
Golden Glove Award: Thibaut Courtois.
- 15 shocking photos Kim Kardashian wants the world to forget – She will do anything to take down her s*xtape
- 10 reasons why people are already worried about Meghan Markle’s future – The Queen doesn’t like her so well and we’ve got proof (With Pics)
- LADIES: If your boyfriend answers yes to these 10 questions, know he will marry you!
- 10 before and after photos that prove marriage has changed Mercy Johnson – #5 will make you love her more
- 12 photos that prove Alex is the best dressed and most stylish female housemate of BBNaija 2018