President Muhammadu Buhari has admitted to being a very slow reader. The President anchored his claim on the fact that he is an ex-soldier. Buhari made the disclosure while explaining his delay in signing the $3 trillion African Free-Trade Agreement, during a joint press conference with the visiting South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa.
According to Buhari, “I am very careful about what I sign, whether it is my cheque book or agreements, especially when it involves nations and states. As your President has said, we are so populated and have so many young unemployed citizens and our industries are just coming up.
“So, in trying to guarantee employment, goods and services in our country, we have to be careful with agreements that will compete, maybe successfully, against our upcoming industries.
“I was presented with the document; I am a very slow reader maybe because I am an ex-soldier. I didn’t read it fast enough before my officials saw that it was all right for signature. I kept it on my table. I will soon sign it.”
- 15 shocking photos Kim Kardashian wants the world to forget – She will do anything to take down her s*xtape
- 10 reasons why people are already worried about Meghan Markle’s future – The Queen doesn’t like her so well and we’ve got proof (With Pics)
- LADIES: If your boyfriend answers yes to these 10 questions, know he will marry you!
- 10 before and after photos that prove marriage has changed Mercy Johnson – #5 will make you love her more
- 12 photos that prove Alex is the best dressed and most stylish female housemate of BBNaija 2018