Diego Maradona will no longer be paid as an ambassador of world soccer governing body, FIFA. This is following the Argentina legend’s failure to control his emotions during their 2-1 win over Nigeria in the World Cup last Group D game on Tuesday. The football icon celebrated Marcos Rojo’s winning goal for Argentina by raising his middle finger at fans.
FIFA termed his behaviour as embarrassing and provocative hence he will no longer receive the £10,000 he was receiving from the world soccer governing body, according to OwnGoal.
Maradona also ignored doctors advice not to watch the final minutes of the clash thereby putting his health in danger.
FIFA has also warned him to be of good conduct in the remaining games he will attend at the World Cup.
A possible stadium ban await the former Napoli forward if he acts in same manner like he did against Nigeria.
- 15 shocking photos Kim Kardashian wants the world to forget – She will do anything to take down her s*xtape
- 10 reasons why people are already worried about Meghan Markle’s future – The Queen doesn’t like her so well and we’ve got proof (With Pics)
- LADIES: If your boyfriend answers yes to these 10 questions, know he will marry you!
- 10 before and after photos that prove marriage has changed Mercy Johnson – #5 will make you love her more
- 12 photos that prove Alex is the best dressed and most stylish female housemate of BBNaija 2018