Nigeria’s Super Eagles have been rated third worst team in the ongoing world cup. They were rated as the 29th best of the 32 teams participating at the 2018 World Cup, after the first round of games. This followed their 2-0 defeat to Croatia in their opening Group D fixture. British newspaper, Daily Telegraph, in an appraisal of all the teams, rated Nigeria has only better than Saudi Arabia which lost the opening game of the competition 5-0 to host country Russia and debutants Panama who lost 3-0 to Belgium.
“A horrible performance from a group of players who didn’t seem to grasp quite how important their opening game at the World Cup was.
“Whether the manager’s fault or those in green shirts, there was no urgency, no great surge to try and rescue a point, an isolated striker and full-backs who weren’t allowed to get forward.
“Nigeria should be so much better than this,” the assessment read.
Spain and Portugal, who played out an enthralling 3-3 draw came in first and second while Mexico, which defeated reigning champions Germany were rated third.
- 15 shocking photos Kim Kardashian wants the world to forget – She will do anything to take down her s*xtape
- 10 reasons why people are already worried about Meghan Markle’s future – The Queen doesn’t like her so well and we’ve got proof (With Pics)
- LADIES: If your boyfriend answers yes to these 10 questions, know he will marry you!
- 10 before and after photos that prove marriage has changed Mercy Johnson – #5 will make you love her more
- 12 photos that prove Alex is the best dressed and most stylish female housemate of BBNaija 2018