Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has assured that pensioners and workers in the state’s public service will celebrate the coming end-of-the-year festivities with. smiles with the expected refund of the Paris Club excess deduction to the state. Ajimobi made the promise in his address during the Mawlid Nabiyy (celebration of Holy Prophet Muhammad’s (SAW) birthday) at the Government House Arcade, Agodi, Ibadan, on Friday.
- Nigerian celebrity mums and their beautiful daughters – #5 is a damsel (With Photos)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 9 Countries where Nigerians can easily get permanent residency – #2 will shock you!
- 10 Nigerian celebrity kids of the 90s you won’t recognise today – Most of us grew up listening to music from #5 (With Pics)
The Governor who said he was pained by the cash crunch that had made regular payment of salaries and pensions impossible, expressed optimism that the state would be able to pay at least two months salaries, out of the three months arrears, before the coming celebrations.
With a workforce of more than 40,000, which he said was one of the largest in the country, Ajimobi said that the administration had been very prudent in the management of the dwindling accruals to the state.
He said, “Let me assures citizens that we will spend the Paris Club excess deduction refund being expected from the Federal Government prudently. We have that record of spending past refunds and budget support fund judiciously.
“Workers and pensioners will celebrate the coming festivities with joy, because we should be able to pay at least two months from the three months arrears we owe workers before the holidays.
“We are ruling this state with the fear of God. And I’m confident that those who are yet to come to terms with my positive interventions will sing my praise at the end of my tenure. Those abusing me today out of lack of understanding will celebrate me tomorrow.”
He said the essence of the Prophet’s birthday celebration was to remind the people of the need to love and respect one another and fear only the Almighty in all their endeavours.
An Islamic preacher, Sheik Muyideen Ajani Bello and the Chairman of the state’s Muslim Community, Alhaji Kunle Sanni, said that Ajimobi deserved all the plaudits he had so far received from the Islamic faithful.
udging by what they posited as the governor’s spirited efforts at ensuring that Muslims were not relegated in the state affairs, the Muslim leaders said it was natural that the adherents reciprocated the governor’s gestures.
Bello said, “If your (Ajimobi) predecessors had performed well as he is doing now, Oyo State would have developed more than this. That is why I will reiterate my admonition to you to ensure that your successor will be
committed to building on your legacies.
“Let your successor be someone that fear God like you. We are not interested in the person’s level of education, political weight and other sentiments. The person we want for Oyo State should be someone that will
continue from where you will stop.”
Sanni then advised those he said were criticizing the Muslim Community for honoring Ajimobi to wait for their turns.
He said, “I want to make it clear again that we are not politicians. We are celebrating Ajimobi because of his fair treatment of Muslims. I will advise those criticizing us now to wait for their turns if they want to be
governor. If they treat Muslims fairly, they will also be celebrated.
“We were not induced with anything other than the governor’s fairness and equity in dealing with us. We did agitate before he permitted our children to wear hijab. He was the first governor to authorize Hijrah (Islamic New Year) as public holiday. What about the large expanse of land he gave us to build our secretariat, among his several good deeds”.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Top 10 cult groups in Nigerian Universities, their Motto and Symbols – #1 and #2 are are the deadliest
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- If you see these 13 symptoms, do an HIV test immediately
- 7 English words Nigerians use everyday which don’t exist in the dictionary
- 6 easy ways to get taller even after the age of 18 – Dont give up just yet!!
- 7 female celebs who can’t give birth (With Photos)
- ‘Why I married Kanu Nwankwo when I was only 18 years’ – Amara Nwankwo