The Olomu of Omu-Ara in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, Oba Charles Ibitoye is dead. He died at the age of 65. His death was confirmed by Chief Festus Awoniyi, the Petu of Omu-Aran. Awoniyi broke the news of the monarch’s passage shortly after the meeting of the Olomu-in-Council on Saturday in Omu-Aran.
Awoniyi also told reporters that “the Elemosho of Omu-Aran, Chef Jimoh Olaiya, and his team have been instructed to announce and move round the town to clear the markets as tradition demands.”
Prior to Awoniyi’s confirmation of Oba Ibitoye’s demise, the rumour of his death had thrown the community into an atmosphere of tension and anxiety.
Oba Ibitoye was reported to have died after a brief illness.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Top 10 cult groups in Nigerian Universities, their Motto and Symbols – #1 and #2 are are the deadliest
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- If you see these 13 symptoms, do an HIV test immediately
- 7 English words Nigerians use everyday which don’t exist in the dictionary
- 6 easy ways to get taller even after the age of 18 – Dont give up just yet!!
- 7 female celebs who can’t give birth (With Photos)
- ‘Why I married Kanu Nwankwo when I was only 18 years’ – Amara Nwankwo