The Federal road safety commission has reacted to a viral video showing one of its officials fighting with a woman in the Northern part of the country. PoliticsNGR has obtained a statement signed by Bisi Kazeem, the Corps commander in charge of Public Enlightenment and it reads;
The attention of the Management of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has been drawn to a trending video footage on social media, especially Facebook and WhatsApp which shows members of the FRSC patrol team engaging in a fight with a female driver and a passenger during a patrol duty along Jalingo-Wukari route in Taraba state.
In line with the existing policy of the Corps on fighting involving its personnel on patrol, the Corps Marshal ordered a preliminary investigation into the matter which revealed that the affected patrol team was from Taraba State Sector Command. That in the course of its patrol along the route, a female driver was sighted driving without wearing a seat belt, upon which she was stopped for consolidation of the offence by a member of the patrol team.
In the process, the offender flared up on the grounds that she was on seat belt; retorting and shouting on top of her voice with verbal insults on the arresting marshal who got provoked and retaliated verbally to the altercation.
In the ensuing arguments, the front seat passenger who was also identified as mother to the offending driver, not only prompted her to physically attack the arresting marshal using her shoe but joined in the attack, while the marshal fought back, though not in our character as an organisation that is very civil and disciplined
Members of the public are hereby informed that in view of the standing policy of the FRSC on issues of indiscipline among its personnel and vehemence with which the Corps Marshal holds issues of fighting involving its personnel on patrol duties, he has ordered full investigation into the matter to determine the background, the cause and culprits of the unfortunate incident.
In addition, the Corps Marshal has directed that the affected personnel appear before the Federal Road Safety Corps Disciplinary Panel at Zone 3 Headquarters Yola, Adamawa state to face charges of fighting and conduct unbecoming of Officers and gentlemen of the Corps.
FRSC Management regrets the embarrassment caused by the ugly incident to members of the public and strategic stakeholders of the Corps whose supports have led to the high-level disciplinary standards the Corps has been known for over the years.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 popular Nigerian Celebrity Relationship Breakups that will never be forgotten (With Pictures)
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- 10 rappers who have made over a $100 million – #5 is already broke despite the fortunes he made (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- Checkout Nigerian police ranks and salaries – You wont believe the amount they take home monthly (With Pics)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- REVEALED! Top 5 most notorious criminals in Nigeria’s history – See How The Infamous Baddo Of Ikorodu Was Killed (With Pics)