The presidency has described former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s claims in a recent interview that for about 15 years President Muhammadu Buhari could not enter the United States on account of his religious considerations is “a fictive concoction”. This was contained in a statement issued Saturday evening by Buhari’s spokesman, Femi Adesina.
He said: “This fictive concoction being passed off as truth is mind boggling, coming from a former Number Two man of Nigeria, who should know the truth.
“At no time was President Buhari, as a private person, ever forbidden from entering any country in the world.
“Rather, the rest of the world has always held Muhammadu Buhari as a man of sterling qualities, strong on integrity, transparency and accountability. The same testimony is still borne of the Nigerian President by many world leaders today.
“It is curious that former VP Abubakar had been asked why he had not visited America for over a decade, something that had been a stubborn fact dogging his footsteps.
“Instead of answering directly, he begged the question, saying Buhari also had been disallowed from entering the same country for 15 years, before becoming President.
“We hereby make it resoundingly clear that what the former Vice President said only exists in the realm of his imagination. If he has issues to settle with American authorities, he should do so, rather than clutch at a straw.”
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Top 10 cult groups in Nigerian Universities, their Motto and Symbols – #1 and #2 are are the deadliest
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- If you see these 13 symptoms, do an HIV test immediately
- 7 English words Nigerians use everyday which don’t exist in the dictionary
- 6 easy ways to get taller even after the age of 18 – Dont give up just yet!!
- 7 female celebs who can’t give birth (With Photos)
- ‘Why I married Kanu Nwankwo when I was only 18 years’ – Amara Nwankwo