He also disclosed that about 560 Nigerians are expected to be repatriated into the country from Libya this week, while some of the female victims, who were recently evacuated from Libya, are said to be pregnant after being raped by their captors while in detention in Libya.
According to him, the expected Libya returnees consist of two groups of about 280 people each. He gave the expected date for the arrival of the Nigerians as Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
He stated that about 780 Libya returnees, who were indigenes of Edo State, had been brought to the state upon their arrival at the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos. He said that the state government was solely responsible for the rehabilitation and training of the Libya returnees, calling on local and international organisation to assist the government in rehabilitating the Libya returnees.
He said: “Apart from taking care of the returnees from the moment they land in Lagos, Edo State government pays children returnees N10,000; adults get N20, 000, while pregnant women get N25,000 each within the first three months of their arrival. “We also provide accommodation, medicare, training and other important needs while they are with us.”
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Top 10 cult groups in Nigerian Universities, their Motto and Symbols – #1 and #2 are are the deadliest
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- If you see these 13 symptoms, do an HIV test immediately
- 7 English words Nigerians use everyday which don’t exist in the dictionary
- 6 easy ways to get taller even after the age of 18 – Dont give up just yet!!
- 7 female celebs who can’t give birth (With Photos)
- ‘Why I married Kanu Nwankwo when I was only 18 years’ – Amara Nwankwo