The 3-year-old marriage between a popular radio presenter, Omotoke Makinwa and her estranged husband, Maje Ayida has ended. Igbosere High Court in Lagos on Thursday dissolved the union, citing husband’s adulterous lifestyle. Makinwa, is the co-host of the ‘Morning Drive’ on Rhythm 93.7FM, a blogger and an author. She had on March 9, 2016, asked the court to dissolve the marriage on the grounds that the husband committed adultery.
- 5 hot female celebrities Odunlade Adekola has DATED – You won’t believe he was with #3 (With Pics)
- 10 insanely hot women Wizkid has DATED since he became a star – #3 & #5 will shock you (With Pictures)
- Check out these 11 strangest buildings you can find in Africa – I bet you won’t believe your eyes (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian actresses who gained their fame through popular music videos – #4, #5 & #8 started their careers as video vixens
Justice Morenike Obadina, while delivering judgment held that Ayida filed an answer to the petition but did not give oral evidence in support of it. She said the position of the law was settled as pleadings did not amount to evidence.
“Pleadings on which no evidence was led are deemed abandoned. Therefore, Ayida’s evidence is deemed abandoned. “The effect being that the petitioner’s evidence is unchallenged and uncontroverted,” she ruled.
The judge said the issue of cruelty which the petitioner (Makinwa) relied on was established because of the “mental and emotional stress” she was subjected to by her husband. He said Makinwa had sufficiently proven that the husband committed adultery and continued to flaunt his adulterous relationships even to her face.
“I hold that the marriage has broken down on grounds of intolerable behaviour. “I hereby pronounce a ‘Decree Nisi’ dissolving the marriage between Makinwa and Ayida which was administered at the Federal Marriage Registry, Ikoyi, Lagos, on January 15, 2014. “The order Nisi shall become absolute three months from today unless within that period sufficient cause is shown why it should not be made absolute,” Obadina said.
Makinwa had told the court that her husband committed adultery with his mistress, Anita Solomon, adding that the relationship produced a child. She said since their marriage was contracted, the husband had “behaved in a way she could not reasonably be expected to continue to bear”.
She also told the court of an instance where her husband threatened separation and even drafted a separation agreement because she discovered that he bought a ticket for his mistress to travel to London.
The first respondent (Ayida) who replied to the petition when served, however, instructed his counsel, Mr T. O. Lawal, not to continue with the defence. Ayida through his counsel, therefore, foreclosed all evidence. The mistress (Solomon), who is the second respondent, refused to join issues with the petitioner.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)