“I can’t stand dirty men” — Nollywood Actress Belinda Effah
Actress Belinda Effah, has opened up on the kind of man that can catch her fancy, her career and more during an interview with The Sun.
Read excerpts below:
He must be God fearing, disciplined, clean and well dressed. He must be mentally, spiritually and emotionally clean. I can’t stand dirty environments or dirty people.
What’s your stand on domestic violence?
I stand against domestic violence. If a man hits you once, he will hit you again. Don’t let it happen. I am against divorce but if a man hits a woman, I advise she separates from him for a while, for him to return to his right senses.
What inspires you?
Ultimately, it has been God. I’m a very spiritual person. And I believe it was my calling to be an actress. He guides me and orders my steps on how and where I should be. I also draw inspiration from the people around me, my environment, the things I see and lots more.
I’m an actress, so that I’m spiritual doesn’t mean I can’t kiss in movies. If it’s a good story, then why won’t I kiss to tell the story well? The character might start as a bad person who later turns good. That’s a good story line. Everything or everyone mustn’t come out clean. As long as someone is employing me to play a role, because they know I can do the job, then people expect me to turn the job down because I am spiritual? In this industry, once you reject a job, thousands others are willing to grab it. I also have to show my professionalism. Some doctors have to do something to protect their career, but they can’t come out and say it. But all eyes are on actors; people judge every move we make. Sorry to disappoint you people, if I have to kiss in a movie, I’ll do it well because I am a professional. I can kiss but I can’t do nudity because that’s like the extreme.
Everybody has this iota of jealousy inside of them. So, if you say you don’t, then I doubt if you are a human being. I guess I am, but with time, I have learnt how to control it.
How far would you go to protect your relationship?
I’ll only be in a relationship with a matured mind, someone who knows the kind of job I do and understand me well. We would have mutual respect for each other. Whatever happens, I’ll always respect my partner and whatever issues we have, we’ll settle it indoors.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)