Charly Boy reacts to Army invasion of Nnamdi Kanu’s home in Umuahia – See what he said
Popular socialite and convener of the #OurMumuDonDo movement, Charlyboy Oputa has reacted to the alleged invasion of the home of the leader of the Indigenous people of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu in Umuahia, Abia state. Charly Boy, in a statement made available to PoliticsNGR, advised the federal government to be more committed to dousing the rising tensions and fostering peace and unity. The statement read;
“Our attention has been drawn to the recent detachment of soldiers from the Nigerian Army to the Afaraukwu country home of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, and the invasion of Abia State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists on Aba Road, Umuahia, which led to the destruction of laptops and other valuables thereby causing unnecessary panic within the state and the entire region.
We consider this move an aberration that must be strongly condemned in a democratic environment like ours.
The good people of Abia State deserve better than the undue panic under which they have been placed since the invasion which has completely restricted them from going about their daily activities freely like they used to.
In as much as we are aware that the Federal Government is concerned about curbing divisive messages and inordinate agitations within the country, we believe it should be more concerned about safeguarding the lives and properties of all Nigerians in any part of the country.
It is also important to note that though recanted, the October 1 ultimatum issued by some misguided northern youths to the Igbos in the north remains weighty in the minds of many and the atmosphere is hypersensitive to any mishap that could foment such inter-ethnic melee.
We urge the Federal Government; therefore, that, rather than steaming up the flames of enmity and discord within the country by using force on harmless citizens, it should be more committed to dousing tensions and promoting peace and unity.
Finally, we appeal to the Federal Government to be more circumspect and solution-focused in handling sensitive matters as secessionist agitations within the country.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 10 most powerful celebrities in Nigeria – The country shakes when these guys cough (With Pics)
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- Check out how Floyd Mayweather Jr spends his millions – His cars, his insane wristwatch collection, private jets, mansions & many more (With Pics)