President John Magufuli of Tanzania on Friday fired 9,932 civil servants over forged educational qualifications.
Magufuli made the announcement on state television after an investigative task force found that 9,932 government workers presented fake qualifications when they were employed.
The president said the dismissed civil servants would have to defend themselves in court.
“They are thieves like any other thieves. … You cannot perform if you don’t have deserving qualifications,’’ Magufuli said.
About 3,000 other civil servants were suspended while their certificates were being verified.
The task force investigates the educational certificates of 435,000 civil servants throughout the East African nation.
- CLICK HEREto join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- Emeka Ike releases list of Nollywood producers who sleep with actresses – The list will shock many
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebs and the breathtaking houses they live in – Genevieve’s crib is crazy! (With Photos)