A 35-year-old Nigerian convict, who has completed his 3-year term escaped from the Anti-Narcotics Cell’s custody, on Monday, January 2, just hours before his deportation. John Okoro, who was arrested in 2014 in a narcotic case was released from prison on December 31, and brought to the Azad Maidan lock up in preparation for his deportation to Nigeria.
The constable guarding him also leaped from the balcony in a desperate attempt to nab him, but ended up injured. He is recovering at the Nagpada police hospital. An alert has been issued for Okoro.
“Around 2 am, Okoro told the constable on guard that he wanted to visit the washroom. He was being taken there when he jumped from the balcony. He landed on the asbestos roof, which immediately gave away,” a police officer said. “He ran in the directions of Mahapalika Marg.”
Another officer said a manhunt had been launched and the Anti-Narcotics Cell had asked informers to be on the lookout. Okoro was wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans and slippers.
Fresh charges stemming from his daring escape have been registered at the Azad Maidan police again.
Source: Mumbai Mirror
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
- Latest update about freeze on MMM
- Meet 6 billionaire kids in Nigeria whose fathers are also billionaires (With Photos)
- 5 crazy things women do when they want you to marry them
- 13 Rumours about The Kardashians that really hurt the family till date (With Pictures)
- Top 8 most stylish kings in Nigeria – 3 of them use expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Pictures)
- 5 Music stars Olamide brought to limelight – Who you epp?? (With Pictures)
- Top 10 richest musicians in the world & their net worth – See the first Nigerian on the list (With Photos)