Here we have 12 most spectacular natural and manmade holes in the face of the earth. Some of these are the result of man’s search for mineral wealth, while some are nature’s work creating some astounding holes. Darvaza – The Burning Gates: In 1971, geologists discovered a huge underground deposit of natural gas on this site. And while excavating, a whole drilling rig fell into an underground cavern. Natural gas started coming up from the hole. To prevent gasses from escaping, it was set alight and it continues to burn even today. The crater measures roughly 60 meters in diameter and 20 meters deep and is located in Turkmenistan.
- LADIES: 13 things you should do to keep your man – EVERY MAN loves #11
- 15 signs the two of you are simply meant to be together..
- Prediction and analysis of the future of MMM – This is what will happen this month
- 10 Nigerian tourist centers that are better than going to Dubai – You never knew about these places (+Pics)
1. The Great Blue Hole, Belize
The Great Blue Hole is the top bucket list destination for about every scuba diver in the world, as everyone dreams of diving in crystalline waters, actually it’s one of the reasons to visit Belize. The Great Blue Hole is a large circular underwater sinkhole, 984 ft. Across and 410 ft. Deep, located off the coast of Belize. Noted as the globe’s largest natural creation of its kind, it attracts scuba buffs due to the abundance of coral and sharks, and caves filled with a stalactite.