Cure for HIV-AIDS – British scientist have found a cure to HIV-AIDS – A social worker in London has been reportedly cured of the disease – The researchers say its not over yet, as more experiments needs to be done. Emerging reports suggest that British scientists could be one step closer towards finding a permanent cure for HIV-AIDS.
- 6 Nigerian celebrities who ‘own’ private jets (With Pictures)
- Ladies, before you go spreading your legs for a married man, you should see this!
- LADIES: 7 things that happen to your vagina when you stop making love..
- 12 Celebrities you didn’t know are from the same family – this will shock many! (With Pictures)
Huffington Post reports that a 44-year-old social worker in London appears to be completely free of the virus after undergoing an experimental therapy technique.
The man was first given a vaccine which helped his immune system detect infected cells, and then took Vorinostat, a drug which is normally used in experimental cancer treatment trials.
The Vorinostat then activates dormant infected cells that would normally slip through the net allowing the body’s immune system to detect and kill every last infected cell.
In simple terms what this combination of treatments does is remove the camouflage that allows HIV to remain hidden and then shine a spotlight on it allowing the immune system to clearly identify infected cells and kill them.
The researchers have said that there’s an extremely long way to go before they start throwing parties. For starters this is just one man in a trial that involves 50 people.
All 50 will need to show similar responses to the treatment, and then even if they do they’ll need to be continually tested for the next five years to make sure the virus has been completely eradicated.
That said, this is promising news. For starters this method is essentially a complex and aggressive form of drug therapy, far less invasive and complex as a technique like gene editing.
HIV is a virus which attacks the immune system of the human body, making it harder for us to fight off even the mildest illnesses such as colds or coughs.
There is currently no cure for HIV, however modern treatments allow those infected with it to go on to live a long and healthy life. AIDS is the final stage of the HIV infection, it occurs when the body can no longer fight life-threatening infections.
Those who have been diagnosed with HIV early on will not go on to develop AIDS.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Why my marriage crashed – ini Edo finally confesses
- How to get rid of black spots on your face in just 15 minutes
- 7 Photos of Cynthia Morgan that will give you instant head turn – Don’t look if you can’t control your self!
- 10 valid reasons why you need to stop watching porn today – You will shocked after seeing #10
- The 20 richest Nigerian actresses and their net worth – See who is #1 (+Photos)
- Top 10 Nigerian celebrities you didn’t know are siblings (With Pictures)
- 11 dirty secrets women keep from men
- 5 Nigerian male celebrities who got married to older women (With Pictures)
- 11 Nigerian entertainers who died before the age of 40 (With Pictures)
- LADIES: 8 Signs your man is not making love to you, he’s just se*in’ you!