Nigerian singer, born Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo, populary known by his stage name Kcee has recounted his journey to success and how he sold furniture when he lost hope in his music career.
He said, “If there is one thing I know, I believe in myself and I believe in God. I remember when I was in Ajegunle, if anyone had told me I would have gone places, I would not have believed.
“When I broke up with my partner Presh, I lost all hope. I had nothing but I had only one person, E-money, my blood brother.
“He called me and said since I had no hope in the music industry, I should start selling furniture. So I started furniture business. On a serious note, I went to Dubai, I brought two containers with the money my brother gave me.
“I got back, acquired a shop in Allen Market and the story changed.
“People will come to your shop as though to patronize you but they will only just come and look and not buy.
“Out of frustration, I called my brother one day and told him I wanted to go back to my first love, my music; that if I try again and don’t make it therein, I would know God is not on my side,” the ‘Limpopo’ songster added.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 HIV symptoms to watch out for in women – Guys, see how to know if she’s HIV positive..
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- 8 Nigerian celebrity sex scandals that made Nigerians shiver (+Pics)
- 7 times Zahra Buhari made her parents proud (With Pictures)
- Warning!!: 10 types of women you should not marry..
- 20 photos of Nigerian female celebs with and without makeup on – You need to see their real looks!
- The intimidating achievements of Mavin Records artistes after 4 years (With Pictures)
- Simple questions to make anyone fall in love with you – You need to see this!
- 10 Nigerian celebrity marriages that will never get a divorce (With Pics)
- Meet 10 Nollywood actresses who are owners of the luxurious Range Rover SUV – See who’s got the biggest (+Pics)