Why Nigerian men in America kill their wives – It is somewhat generally believed that one of the biggest achievements of men and women alike, is when they are domiciled abroad and are working or at least have permanent sources of income.
- 20 Shocking facts about China (With Pictures)
- 8 things you NEED to know about “Cheaters”
- 15 Naughtiest places women fantasize about having sex
- The 15 sexiest celebrity couples in 2016 (With Pictures)
The expectation thereof would be that the couples with such working statuses ought to be fulfilled and happy together. But that is not often the case in some homes in the United States.
The February 2016 case of a 49-year-old Muhammadu Ighomigho who committed suicide after shooting to death his 44-year-old ex-wife, Nnenna Ogbonna, in the state of Maryland, is one of those catastrophes taking place in the United States. Such tragic end is not unconnected with the reasons which are discussed below:
1. Tax refund: A federal tax refund is basically a refund from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) because you paid more in taxes than you owed for the year. This can happen if too much money is withheld from your paychecks (called withholding tax) and it adds up to more than your total tax liability for the year. In general, the more money that is withheld from your wages throughout the year, the greater your tax refund may be because you’ve essentially overpaid the IRS. Everyone in US looks forward to filing for tax every year. Most families get so much refund which they inject into investments back in Nigeria. Thus when couples are doing things separately, there’s bound to be greed in the sharing of the refund. The fight becomes intense if the couple is separated but have children together. This is where Muhammadu and Nnenna mentioned above come in.