Photos of celebs before and after drugs – Did you know that nearly 2.5 million people in the United States struggle with drug addiction (and that doesn’t even include alcohol)? It’s also estimated that around 10 percent of those struggling with addiction actually receive treatment, which leaves 90 percent of addicts to self-medicate and self-treat in far less successful ways.
- Photos of how top female celebrities looked like before they became rich and famous (+Photos)
- 20 Ridiculous facts about sex that will shock you!
- 10 things the Catholic church doesn’t want you to know – You will be shocked seeing this!
- Top 10 richest Nigerian celebrities who do not flaunt their wealth on Social Media – #4 is the rich
Although terrifying, addiction is very common in society as people become addicted to drugs and alcohol for a variety of reasons claiming everything from tragic childhoods and unhealthy relationships to high-pressure careers and bad habits as the cause. Whatever the reason, addiction doesn’t discriminate when it comes to victims as even some of the world’s biggest and most successful celebrities have been affected.
From child stars and musicians to A-list actors and former heartthrobs, we uncovered celebrities whose addictions created a downward spiral from the highest point of their careers down a dark path filled with drugs and alcohol. Are you curious as to who they are, what happened and where they are now? Take a look at these 20 shocking photos of celebs before and after drugs as we start our list with a child piano prodigy and end with the youngest voice of soul.
20. Fiona Apple
Composing songs of her own at just eight years old, Fiona Apple transitioned from classical pianist and child prodigy to a 1980s music icon after the release of her debut album Tidal in 1996. Winning a Grammy Award for her single “Criminal,” Apple was well on her way to stardom as she earned widespread critical praise for albums like When the Pawn (1999), Extraordinary Machine (2005) and The Idler Wheel (2012).
Now 38 years old, the singer-songwriter’s climb to the top has been anything but easy. Photographed in her before picture in 1997, fans thought Apple had turned to drugs when she showed up looking extremely thin and fatigued. By 2012, the rumors proved true when Apple was arrested at the Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas for having hashish in her car. Detained at the local county jail, Apple published a letter to her fans the following month explaining that she would postpone her tour dates in South America. Her reasoning – a sick dog – but her fans knew the ugly truth.
Navigate using <-> arrows below