Bread Seller Turned Model: Olajumoke shares heart melting story about her childhood (Must Read)
Olajumoke shares heart melting story – Bread seller Olajumoke Orisaguna has revealed touching story about her childhood.
Olajumoke and her family was given a new apartment in Lagos.
The bread seller was discovered by TY Bello
- 2016 Grammy Awards: See the full winners list
- 7 beautiful and famous women D’Banj has used and dumped.. Shocking names! (With Pictures)
- Top Nigerian celebrities who are best of friends – You’ll be shocked! (+Photos)
- 15 Nollywood stars you still may not know have died – This list will leave you in a big shock! (Photos)
Ever since rising model Jumoke Orisaguna’s story went viral, a large number of Nigerians look forward to such a day when luck will shine on them.
Former bread seller, Jumoke is now the owner of a luxury apartment in Lagos with various endorsements from corporate organisations such as Payporte and Stanbic IBTC.
Olajumoke has narrated her story of grass to grace in Punch Newspaper.
Read the excerpt below:
Speaking concerning her childhood, she said, “While the other girls would run around to play in the stream and engage in all sorts of games, I was either selling vegetables for my mother or helping my father on his farm because it was from these two areas that our daily bread came,”
“The opportunity for running around like the other girls wasn’t just there.”
Concerning the photoshoot which she photo bombed, Jumoke said,
“I only wanted to walk through the scene to take bread to my customers at the mechanic workshop around the place the shoot was taking place. I never had the intention of appearing in the photograph. It was while I made my way that the camera captured me,”
Olajumoke Orisaguna, TY Bello, others at PayPorte office
On how she handled the fame, she has this to say,
“I was afraid that morning because wherever I turned to, people looked at me unusually,”
“It was as if I was a wanted criminal that everybody was looking for. One guy stopped me in the process to tell me that some people were looking for me and that he saw me on the television and Facebook the previous night. I simply ignored him because I felt he was crazy. How could I have been on the television when I didn’t pose in front of any camera, so I thought. Throughout that day, people told me the same thing in all the places that I went.
“By the third day, as I entered one estate where I used to sell to some of my customers, an Hausa man ran after me immediately he saw me. He said his madam had been looking for me and that she wanted to help me. That was how he took me to his madam who happened to be TY Bello. Immediately she saw me, she welcomed me specially into her home and paid for all the bread in my tray. She told me it was the end of my hawking bread and that I was going to have a new life,” she said.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 Nollywood actresses who can’t do without smoking (With Pictures)
- 10 celebrities who are now Yvonne Nelson’s enemies – See what they did to her (+Pics)
- Top 10 best polytechnics in Nigeria for 2015 – See which is number 1! (+Photos)
- 10 beautiful Nigerian celebrities who married men that are not fit (With Pictures)
- 6 Nigerian celebrity weddings that took place overseas (With Pictures)
- 11 Hot spots to kiss any woman and drive her wild..
- 14 signs you’re dating the woman you should marry – Guys, see this NOW!
- 8 Nigerian celebrities who did odd jobs before fame – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- How to safely abort pregnancy naturally on your own
- Trying to conceive a male child? Check out these 9 tips that work like magic!