Buhari names number of ministers who will receive portfolios – Presidency has said that Muhammadu Buhari has already reduced the number of ministers who will receive portfolios. Buhari while in India had said that some ministers would only sit in the cabinet in order to obey the constitutional provision which specifies that each state of the federation must have a representative in the government.
- 7 Nigerian celebrities and their breathtaking houses they live in (With Pictures)
- Top 15 Shocking celeb nude photos that got leaked (With Pictures)
- 10 celebrities who had a threesome – This will shock many! (With Pictures)
- 7 Beautiful and famous women D’Banj has slept with.. (With Pictures)
However, Garba Shehu, the presidential aide, in the telephone interview to Daily Trust stated that 36 ministers will be assigned with portfolios.
He explained that what President Buhari meant was that not all the ministers would have full control of the ministries.
Shehu said the leader of the nation would recall the structure in which there are functional ministers and ministers of state.
The presidential aide added that it is not possible to have a more ministries than the number of ministers.
“You know we have a structure of government in place in this country whereby there are substantive ministers and ministers of state,” he said.
“What the president meant (in the interview granted) was that not all the ministers in his cabinet will have the full control of the ministries. You know it is not possible to have the number of ministries more than the number of ministers. Even former President Goodluck Jonathan had 28 ministries and 42 ministers.
“So, what the president meant was that some of his cabinet members would be ministers of state.”
“But not all of them (the ministers) will have the full command of the ministries”.
However, the president was reported to have revealed in the interview that Nigeria would be lucky if his government is able to have half the number of the 42 ministers that operated under the last government.
The presidential source recently disclosed that Buhari may inaugurate his ministers on November 4, Wednesday.
At the same time Femi Adesina, presidential spokesperson, said the president could communicate when to inaugurate his cabinet.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 romantic things to do after making love – this will make your love love you more!
- 10 most amazing sex-related records ever (With Pictures)
- 25 Diseases and medical conditions that can be cure simply by having sex
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- Top 20 celebrities with the most kids – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- Top 20 celebs with the biggest and sexiest butts in the world – See who’s number 1!
- 6 Magical ways to get your ex to fall in love with you again..
- Complete list of Nigerian looters released by World Bank – See the amount of money they stole
- Ladies! 10 things your man should NEVER make you do, no matter how much you love him!
- Top 10 richest Nigerian celebrities who do not flaunt their wealth on Social Media – #4 is the richest (Wih Pics)
- Top 10 Nigerian universities with the most beautiful girls – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)
- Meet 5 Nollywood actresses who live flashy lives – Their lifestyle is so expensive (With Pics)