Bomb blast at Buhari’s housing estate – Multiple bomb blasts have just occurred at Buhari Housing Estate in Damaturu, Yobe state. The State Emergency Management Agency, (SEMA) has confirmed 16 people dead.
- 10 Nigerian celebrities who hate themselves so badly – This will shock many! (+Photos)
- Sure ways to make any girl fall in love with you – They always work!
- 11 things men really love about women – these things make them go crazy!
- 13 Nollywood actors and actresses celebrity scandals that shook Nollywood – See what happened
According to reports, the explosions were heard in Damaturu, the Yobe state capital, in the early hours of this morning, October 7.
The first attack was reportedly carried out by three teenage boys at a mosque inside Buhari Estate.
An eyewitness said the suicide bomber came near the mosque, hugged one of the boys and blew up himself and others nearby.
The injured have been rushed to Sani Abacha Specialist Hospital for treatment.
Reportedly, Nigerian troops repelled an attack on the 120th Task Force Battalion, in Goniri, Yobe state, by members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect.
News24 reports that the troops clashed with the fleeing insurgents in the early hours of Wednesday.
The casualty figures on the side of Boko Haram were put at more than 100.
According to Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, the acting director of army public relations, seven soldiers died while 1 officer and 8 soldiers were wounded during the encounter.
He said: “During the encounter, the troops have recovered a sizeable arms, ammunitions and other equipment from the terrorists. These include 1 General Purpose Machine Gun, 2 Rocket Propelled Grenades, 9 AK-47 rifles and Belted rounds of 7.62 (NATO) ammunitions. Others were various wires used for Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), 7 Primed IEDs, different types of Spanners and a Torch Light.”
The Nigerian army has said they are winning the war against Boko Haram insurgency. However, the insurgents are still attacking parts of the country. On October 2, twin bomb blasts occurred in Kuje area and Jukwoyi bus station after the Nyanya bridge in Abuja.
In reaction, President Muhammadu Buhari said despite the attack, the end of the Boko Haram insurgency is near. He also restated his resolve to continue to fight terrorism.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Common underwear mistakes that can harm your vagina – See this now!
- Top 10 most expensive celebrity cars in history of the world (With Photos)
- How actor Yul Edochie could not pay his daughter’s hospital bill
- See the beautiful wives of top Nigerian comedians – Who is the finest? (With Pictures)
- Top 10 most common STDs and their effects
- The 7 beautiful and famous women D’Banj has slept with (With Pictures)
- 11 celebrities who loved abusing drugs and alcohol as a minor (With Pictures)
- Ini Edo dances hard at the opening of her multimillion naira club in Lagos
- The top 10 most stylish first ladies Nigeria has ever had – See who’s #1 (+Photos)
- Nollywood actresses storm the pool in their bikinis – They look super hot! (See Photo)
- Top 12 richest Caribbean celebrities & their worth in 2015 – See who’s #1 (+Photos)
- 16 female Ghanaian celebrities who are so beautiful that age won’t catch up on them (With Pics)