Do you know what’s inside your coffee cup ?? – If understood and brewed right, coffee can be your best friend; it will give you a warm, fuzzy feeling that far surpasses any comfort food. Says Rhicha Sinha, head of beverages of a leading coffee chain, “At home, we are used to brewing coffees in the traditional South Indian filters.
- The 4 reasons women love bad boys
- Unfaithful wife sends her private pics to husband mistakenly
- Revealed: Why men love having sex in the morning and women at night – What a mind blowing mystery!!
- These TB Joshua’s prophecies on March 28 elections are just too scary!
People want to taste coffee in different ways, but not all are aware of the various brewing techniques of preparing this mysterious beverage. It is just a matter of educating people to realise that culinarywise, coffee is up there in terms of food.” As our fascination and understanding of coffee ascends, experts are looking for new ways to excite and enhance the consumer experience with this intense brown fluid.
Know your coffees
It can be daunting to walk into a cafe and pick from the long list of coffees on the menu.
We tell you the difference between a latte and an au lait, and how a cappuccino differs from an Americano.
Americano: A single shot of espresso with about 30 ml of hot water added to the mix. The name for this coffee drink stemmed from an insult to ‘uncouth’ Americans, who weren’t up to drinking full espressos.
Espresso: Strong black coffee made by forcing steam through ground coffee beans.
Black coffee: A drip brew, percolated or French press style coffee served straight, with no milk.
Cafe latte: Essentially, a single shot of espresso in steamed (not frothed) milk. The ratio of milk to coffee should be about 3:1
Cafe au lait: Similar to Caffe Latte, except that an au lait is made with brewed coffee instead of espresso. Additionally, the ratio of milk to coffee is 1:1, making for a much less intense taste.
Cappuccino : Usually equal parts espresso, steamed milk, and frothed milk, often with cinnamon or flaked chocolate sprinkled on top.
Dry cappuccino: A regular cappuccino, only with a smaller amount of foam, and no steamed milk at all.
Cafe macchiato: A shot of espresso with steamed milk added. The ratio of coffee to milk is approximately 4:1.
Hammerhead: A real caffeine fix, this drink consists of a shot of espresso in a regular-sized coffee cup, which is then filled with drip coffee. Also known as a ‘shot in the dark’.
Double or double shot: Just as it sounds, this is two shots of espresso mixed in with the regular amount of additional ingredients. So, for example, if you were going to make a double hammerhead, you would put two shots of espresso into a coffee cup, and fill it with the drip blend, rather than the usual single espresso shot.
Espresso con panna: Your basic standard espresso with a shot of whipped cream on top.
Frappe: Originally a cold espresso, it has more recently been prepared putting 1-2 teaspoons of instant coffee with sugar, water and ice. The brew is placed in a long glass with ice, and milk if you like, turning it into a big coffee milkshake.
Indian (Madras) filter coffee: Indian filter coffee is made from rough ground, dark-roasted coffee Arabica or Peaberry beans. It’s drip-brewed for several hours in a traditional metal coffee filter before being served. The ratio of coffee to milk is usually 3:1.
Instant coffee: These grounds have usually been freeze-dried and turned into soluble powder or coffee granules. Irish coffee: A coffee spiked with Irish whiskey, with cream on top. Cafe mocha: This popular drink is basically a cappuccino or latte with chocolate syrup added to the mix.
Recipe: Mixed mocha
Have your classic mocha and white chocolate too. This recipe mixes white and regular chocolate to create a creamy, chocolaty treat.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 reasons why single mothers are so great in bed
- See what Buhari sent to Obasanjo on his birthday
- The top 5 things you are doing that will end your relationship soon (Must See)
- 11 processed foods that will slowly kill you if you don’t… (Must See)
- 12 ways to bring the sexy back to your relationship (Must See)
- 8 deep signs that show he only wants sex from you (Must See)
- Couple busted making love inside 50 Shades of Grey themed event in Vegas (See Photo)
- 18 ways to keep your long term relationship sizzling
- 5 facts about masturbation that will shock you & make you quit it now!
- Exposed: The crazy things most doctors do with their nurses privately inside their office (See Photo)