Condoms: The greatest thing to ever happen in the history of sex without (quite as many) consequences, but how much do you know about your latex saviors? Feel free to whip these factoids out the next time you’re struggling to come up with something to talk about at the bar, ’cause that won’t be weird.
1. Magnum condoms are only .32 inches longer than regular ones.
2. In 2012, Durex provided over 150,000 condoms to athletes at the London Olympics.
3. The first artistic rendering of a condom was in the French cave Grotte des Combarelles roughly 12,000-15,000 years ago.
4. Don’t worry, lambskin condoms aren’t made from lambs’ skin. They’re made from their intestines!
5. Among single people, one in three acts of vaginal intercourse involve a condom. When sharing this fact with someone you’re attracted to, try not to call it “vaginal intercourse.”
6. Only 39% of high school students are taught how to properly put on a condom.
7. Female condoms can be inserted up to eight hours before sex.
8. September 16 is Global Female Condom Day.
9. Condoms are strictly regulated by the FDA. Just like Advil.