- PHOTOS: Girl Trying To Sleep With Her Best Friend’s Fiancé Caught Fully Nak£d In Hotel Room (LOOK)
- PHOTOS: HOT Nigerian Girl Wears A See Through Dress Exposing Much Skin! (LOOK)
- TOP POST: You Need To See What Dbanj Said About Genevieve – Genny Will Hate Him For This (LOOK)
- PHOTOS: Serena Williams Once Again Puts Her Famous ‘Assets’ On Display [LOOK]
- The Most Beautiful Pictures of Wizkid’s Boo, Lola Omotayo – She’s Simply Gorgeous (SEE PHOTOS)
His recent article on Ekiti State Governorship elections coming up on June 21, 2014, moved me to write this piece. The title, EKITI MUST NOT DIE ON THE DAY OF DESTINY pricked my conscience and compelled me to contribute to the debate even though I am not from Ekiti State but I know Dr Fayemi very well. Ekiti State is the land of knowledge, the home of professors, and the land of the gifted. The renowned Professor of history and international relations cried out as an elder because of the strange Political developments in Ekiti state at the moment. He cried out because men without conscience, liars, motor park touts, scoundrels and common illiterates are planning to seize Ekiti State by telling lies a thousand times to make it sound real. He cried out because people who do not know are trying to sell fake drugs to the knowledgeable people of Ekiti State. The erudite professor is calling on Ekiti People to rise up to defend the integrity and honour of Ekiti State, the land of their birth, before they make the mistake of allowing Ayo Fayose to grab power again through whatever means.
Hear the professor: “If we are sensible people and I think we are, we should not be faced with this choice but the choice is clear. There is no meeting point between darkness and light, between peace and war, between serenity and confusion, between murder and life, between development and underdevelopment, between progress and backwardness and between education and illiteracy.”
If experience is the Yardstick to determine who the cap fits, Governor Fayemi is the one. If performance and service delivery are the criteria for consideration, Fayemi has performed and delivered services to Ekiti people in his last four years. If education is the parameter to judge, he is a Ph.D. in War studies, intelligence and strategy. If power of elocution and engagement are the criteria, he has got it.
If flamboyance, glamour, carriage, charisma are the rules of the game, he has got them sufficiently. If character, integrity, honour is to be considered, he has them in abundance. If trust is the parameter he has been tested and therefore he can be trusted. If local, national and international connections are the rules of the game, he has got them plenty. If careful and prudent management of both human and material resources are the criteria for endorsement, he holds the ace. If capacity for leadership is the benchmark of consideration, please give it to him.
In the days of the locusts I knew Kayode Fayemi but I knew not Ayo Fayose. Dr Fayemi anchored Radio Kudirat International, when the lives of his people were in danger but nobody knew about Fayose then. Dr Fayemi was one of the real men, who stood up to be counted when it mattered most but cowards like Fayose hide in the corners. I blame former President Obasanjo for rigging this violent man to an exalted position of a Governor meant for serious- minded people. For almost three years he was in power, violence, murder, arson, thuggery, corruption, and political rascality took the centre stage.
Ayo Fayose was impeached and disgraced out of office by the Ekiti State House of Assembly. As I write this Ayo Fayose has a murder case in courts to be saddled with. Young and dynamic University graduates trained abroad returned to help their state to grow but Fayose stopped them by ordering that they should be shot.
We have passed the age of poltical stupidity and rascality to the age of big ideas. We have moved away from brigandage and idiocy to the age of character and integrity. Dr Kayode Fayemi belongs to the Class of Nigeria’s upcoming leaders not more than ten in number, who hold the keys to the future.
Ekiti people must speak up wherever they are now before June 21, 2014 or a mistake would be made which will cost 4 or 8 years of no progress in Ekiti State.
Evil triumph in any society when good men do nothing. Wise men suffer the rules of idiots if they do not struggle for power. Bonafide citizens become Slaves, when idiots seize the centre stage. Politics is too important to be left to politicians alone. Allowing a compound illiterate like Ayo Fayose to return to ekiti state is to reverse Fayemi’s Progress in the last four years. Allowing Fayose to return to power is like forcing Ekiti to drink poison. Let every Ekiti man go home to salvage their land from Ayo Fayose and his motley crowd.
Written by Joe Igbokwe
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- PHOTOS: Miley Cyrus Has Done It Agaiin, Shares More Nak£d Pics (LOOK)
- How To Tell When A Lady Just Had $ex (MUST SEE)
- PHOTOS: It Is Because Of HOT Girls Like This, Guys Do Illegal Stuffs Just To Make Money (LOOK)
- Trouble In Super Eagles Camp As Mikel And Emenike Fights! (LOOK)
- REVEALED: SEE Why Joseph Yobo Can’t Play Football Again! (LOOK)
- Pictures Of The Air Conditioned Trains Launched In Nigeria (SEE PHOTOS)
- PICTURES: Joselyn Dumas and John Dumelo finally walks down the aisle (LOOK)
- You Need To See What Dbanj Said About Genevieve – Genny Will Hate Him For This (LOOK)
- SEE The Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi’s First and Second Wives (SEE PHOTOS)
- Kim K’s Mum, Kris Jenner Says She Doesn’t Like Kanye West (SEE PHOTOS)
- SEE The Length and Size of Pen1s Nigerian Ladies Like! (LOOK)
- Madonna’s Daughter Graduates High School and LOOKS LIKE THIS (SEE PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Winners Chapel Church Members Escape Death As Deadly Bomb Was Uncovered (PHOTOS)
- PHOTOS: Floyd Mayweather Says These Kind Of Ladies Should Be Disrespected! (LOOK)
- PHOTOS: SEE All of Atiku Abubakar’s Beautiful Daughters (LOOK)
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Reacts To Political Parties Sharing Rice – SEE What She Said!
- I’m Dating A Nigerian Oil Tycoon, He Spoils Me With Money – Endowed Babe Vera Sidika (PHOTOS)
- See what Mr Nigeria came out with in the Mr World competition held today
- See Photos from rapper Eve’s wedding to Maximillion Cooper
- PHOTOS: If Mario Balotelli Were Not Rich, Will This HOT Model Ever Say YES To Him? (LOOK)
- I Am So Rich That I Spend N500,000 To Make My Hair – Muma Gee
- 5 Signs He Needs You ONLY For S£x (MUST READ)
- TOP POST: See what this woman is doing in the kitchen while cooking for her husband (MUST SEE)
- Female Radio Presenter, DJ Tin Tin’s $eXtape Leaks Online – She Got Sacked For This!
- Here’s All You Need To Know About $éx and Women’s Body (A MUST SEE)
- EXPOSED: Ghanian Bootilicious Video vixen Matilda Hipsy is A High Class Runs Babe [PHOTOS]
- The Disadvantages and Advantages Of Having A Long Pen1s You Never Knew (MUST SEE)
- TB Joshua Finally Reveals The Country That Will Win The World Cup (LOOK)
- Wizkid Spoils Lover, Tania Omotayo On Her Birthday, See What He Gave Her! (PHOTOS)
- PHOTOS: Tiwa Savage Reveals Too Much Skin, Wants You Guys To See Her Small Assets!! (LOOK)