Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu dies at age of 44
Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu has died aged 44, Tottenham Hotspur have announced.
Ehiogu, who had been working as Tottenham under-23s coach, was taken to hospital on Thursday after collapsing at the Hotspur Way training ground.
After coming through the youth ranks at West Bromwich Albion, Ehiogu joined Aston Villa in 1991 and went on the win two League Cups during his nine years at the club.
He formed a solid defensive partnership with Gareth Southgate at Villa Park which the pair resumed at Middlesbrough. Ehiogu moved to the Riverside Stadium in 2000, and added another League Cup to his CV before moving to Scottish giants Rangers in 2007.
Although Ehiogu only won four senior caps for England, his debut came in 1996 and his final appearance was six years later.
- CLICK HEREto join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- Emeka Ike releases list of Nollywood producers who sleep with actresses – The list will shock many
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebs and the breathtaking houses they live in – Genevieve’s crib is crazy! (With Photos)