6 things you NEVER knew about the Kama Sutra (AKA ancient sex manual)
About The Kama Sutra – It can improve your sex life in surprising ways. You’ve probably heard of the Kama Sutra before. (Perhaps circa 1999 while watching American Pie?) But this ancient Indian bible of sex positions offers way more than just a list of freaky moves to try.
- Pushing her Mother-in-law down and 5 other incidents that allegedly crashed Tonto Dikeh’s marriage
- 11 Nigerian celebs who can’t do without smoking weed – #5 & #8 smoke like a chimney during winter (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 10 beautiful Nigerian celebs who married men that are not fit – #7 and #3 are regretting (With Photos)
Here’s what you need to know about the mother of all sexual manuals.
1. It’s not all about the action
“Kama Sutra is an ancient Indian textbook used to practice tantra, which means sacred sexuality in Sanskrit,” says Kama Sutra expert Markie Twist, Ph.D., associate professor in the human development, family studies, and marriage and family therapy at the University of Wisconsin, Stout.
Tantra follows two paths of training: Vama Marga (or the left-hand path), which is all about those acrobatic sex positions that would make your mom blush, and Dakshina-Marga (the right-hand path), which is about your energy, emotions, and the non-physical side of sex. So while the Kama Sutra book certainly has some explicit sex descriptions in there, emotional pleasure and connectedness is pretty important, too.