Emirates cancels flight after snake was found in plane (Photos)
Dubai-based Emirates cancelled one of its flights from Muscat, Oman, to the U.A.E. last Sunday after a snake was spotted slithering in the cargo hold. No passengers were reportedly aboard the aircraft when the animal was spotted.
An Emirates spokesperson told Gulf News:
“Emirates can confirm that flight EK0863 from Muscat to Dubai on 8 January 2017, was
cancelled due to a detection of a snake in the cargo hold prior to passengers boarding.
“Engineering and cleaning teams are working to clear the aircraft to re-enter service. We apologise [sic] for the inconvenience caused.”
The carrier later confirmed the serpent was eventually captured and the plane is now back in service. Emirates has not confirmed the species of the reptile or whether the snake was venemous.
This isn’t the first time a snake spotted on a plane caused a stir.
In November, a snake was spotted slithering out from behind an overhead luggage compartment on an Aeromexico flight over Mexico.
The flight was forced to make an emergency landing so animal control could quickly board the plane to collect the animal. No one was hurt during the incident.
And in October 2013, another snake was found hidden in a box of food on an EasyJet flight from Israel to Luton Airport in Bedfordshire, England.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
- 13 tragic deaths caused after taking a selfie (With Photos)
- 6 demonic things girls wear in Nigeria… All in the name of fashion (With Photos)
- Things ladies think about while preparing to sleep with a guy for the first time
- 40 fun questions to ask your partner while chatting
- The 10 most expensive cultures to marry from in Nigeria – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)
- 9 countries you can travel to and get rich in no time – You don’t need to travel to USA before you make it
- 6 lowkey celebrity love-relationships in Nigerian music industry you never knew about